Sunday, 12 December 2010

London Fashion Week

Never in a million years did I think that this time two years ago while working my ass off for the Leaving Cert exams did I ever dream that I'd be on my way to London Fashion Week! Ever since I moved over to the 'deen I have never looked back. My course is amaaaaaaaaaaazing!
Fashion management. When I told folk back home that's what I'd be studyng there was mixed, sometimes concerned, responses. They assumed it was a one year course, like a PLC (college to Scottish readers) and that it would get me nowhere...........how wrong they were :p

When I hear of people dropping out of Uni because they chose the wrong course my heart sinks for them. And then I realise how incredibly lucky I am to have started a whole new life over here, made new friends, surprisingly manage to hold down a job and live! My instincts were right, as soon as I visited to speak with Karen, my year head. I eagerly waited for the Leaving results, praying that I'd get the grades I needed....

And now, Here I Am. :)

LFW deposit has been paid, and is one of the best Christmas presents EVER!!
February pleeeeeeeease hurry up.
I can almost smell the waft of luxurious fabric, and feel the smooth, or eccentric (depending on the designer), textures. I can practically hear the clanks of heels and the faint chaotic chatter backstage before the show begins. I can taste the air of excitement and see the flamboyant outfits, which will eventually trickle down to high streets and in a few weeks be modeling my own version of them. Or better still, start off the trend first!



In S/S 2011 LFW in September three Irish designers were featured! My darling Paul Costelloe was the FIRST to showcase his collection via a classy catwalk show. His line was contrasting from floaty white fabrics to short metallic pieces. Costelloe got his inspiration from “Madeleine Vionnet, 1920s and 1930s reinterpreted with a rock’n’roll attitude".
I can't wait to see what he comes up with for Februray!



Miss Orla Kiely showed off her collection through a LFW presentation.
And John Rocha's line, who is in Debenhams, also paraded down a catwalk.

I can't seem to narrow down my shortlist as to who I wanna see. I'm gonna be running around like a blue arsed fly trying to catch a glimpse of every catwalk show, from the legendary Vivienne Westwood to Christopher Kane !

It can’t come quick enough. This shall be the longest, most anticipated Christmas present ever…the fact I’m incredibly impatient doesn’t help matters either!

Le grá ó
   Millie x

2 comments: