Friday, 26 November 2010

Staying Stylish in Snow

Wow. That's all I can say!
It is absolutely freezing in the 'Deen....It would have to be when I move over here that Scotland sees the earliest fall of snow in 17 years !! I must say I was quite unprepared for it.

I had to rummage amongst hoards of bags under the bed just to find a suitable coat that would actually keep me dry. I must admit that although this coat is ancient, it does the job. And as a fashion student that shouldn't necessarily be my main concern, but under these conditions I really couldn't care! The coat gets whipped off as soon as I step through RGU doors and my hair gets to stay tame :)
It's not that it's an ugly coat. It's pretty. It's a baize toned jacket, so it has the camel tone vibe, and also has a fur collar, making it bang on trend. But it seems dated in my eyes due to the length of time it's been buried in my wardrobe back home. But over here I actually get the wear out of it! I think it's our own perceptions that make our clothes seem unstylish depending on how long we've owned it. We always seem to want a new one for every season.
But why should I waste money when I have a jacket that keeps me warm and is on trend? And even if your jacket isn't on trend, MAKE IT TRENDY! Buy a detachable fur collar or buttons. They work. And it costs less!

winter wonderland


Wellies were (well still are) my only downfall. I have yet to purchase a pair. For me, it seems silly to prance about in Uni or town flaunting a pair of wellies. Back home you rarely see people in them, unless they're on their way back from the stables! Because Ireland doesn't get a lot of snow at all (apart from last Christmas) wellies aren't a necessity. Its rain that we have to get through day in day out, and all that that requires is a waterproof jacket! (unusally a very unflattering one, which is why fashionistas, like me, don't wear them)






Being me, I don't want just any pair of wellies, I really want some cool ones. After scanning the internet I found a website that sells quirky booties. (http://www.wellywarehouse.co.uk/)


The one small drawback however is the price tag. This luxorious quilted boot costs £115.........But worth it in the long run right? They'll most certainly keep your feet toasty and prevent colds. 'Cos if you get sick, you'll fall behind in Uni. Yes? That is the arguement I shall use when bringing up the subject with my ma :) I love these because of the quilted texture because they are Oooh so channeling Chanel!

I cannot even attempt to justify to my mam these next pair of these booties....They are just fabulous!  Impractical? Probably. Do I care? Not in the slightest. They are the most coolest wellies with that hint of glamour that I have ever seen :)

However, these beauties also carry a hefty price tag of £99........looks like I'll be heading to B&Q instead. Sadface much!



Le grá ó
   Millie x

P.S. I bought my Christmas dress I was pining for in Republic J



1 comment:

  1. oooh nice!!!!unfort i think wellies are coming back in fashion in eire apparently we will have snow tmz!!!!eck

    ReplyDelete